Sunday, March 3, 2013

You Colour My World

Hello again my scrappy friends :) I made this layout for a challenge over at Berry71bleu hosted by the incredibly talented Kay Fatula. The theme is "You Colour My World" and the challenge is to use paint in any form on your layout. Of course my darling little niece Isabella fits the theme just perfectly. I became very frustrated with this layout as I really struggle to work with more than three colours at most but it kind of came together in the end. I painted the background paper with some gesso and I also painted the little scalloped chipboard circle.I also used Kay's very clever method of rolling journaling into a scroll when you find that you don't have much space on your page especially when you have a bit to say...lol!! What I love about doing journaling this way is that it actually serves as an embellishment at the same time. Thank you Kay...you are such a clever lady :)

On this layout I also used the very cute little FWAB Trent's Fence Puffy from Flourish With A Bling and also some pretty little pearls from Flourish With a Bling  which are the FWAB Adhesive Pearls 100 Pack Pewter. Well, that's me for today. Need to get ready for a hectic week at work again.

Well, that's all from me for today...till next time, stay safe and take care!x

14 comments:

  1. Morning my Friend! I was so happy to find your work this morning on Berry 71 Bleu, thank you so much for joining our challenge, you made a beutiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing lovely details greetings janneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are so pretty Cathy and I think it all works so well with that gorgeous photo of your niece, beautiful flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, elegant and girly. I love each detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable photo! Love the colors and the elegant look of your page. Thank you for playing along with Berry71Bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is precious--your niece is absolutely adorable! Love how you gave the background texture with the gesso. The window that holds the photo is so visually appealing as well--that's what caught my eye first. So glad you find the scroll journaling helpful--it really does solve the issue when you have lots to say & either don't want to hide it behind the layout or take up too much room on your page. Thank you for joining us at Berry71Bleu!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Cathy! I always enjoy your work~it is a pleasure to look at! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so lovely done!!It fits so well with the cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page Cathy! Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cathy! Today I wanted to pass on the Liebster Award to you and your blog. You are an amazing talent and completely deserve this small appreciation. I know I have only been visiting here for a short time but I absolutely adore your work & also your love of all your fur babies too. Please see my blog post for the details. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your layout, the ark around the photo. This is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Love your color choices and adorable photo! Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow wow wow! This is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with Berry71Bleu! Pinning your creation!

    ReplyDelete